Body Sugaring came from the ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt and Greece! Now a modern version of this ancient art of hair removal can be done by one of our Certified Sugar Professionals.
Eyebrows – $20
Chin – $13
Lip – $13
Underarm – $25
Half Arm – $30
Full Arm – $45
Half Leg – $45
Full Leg – $75
Bikini – $45
Brazilian – $75
Chest – $30+
Back – $30+
Consultation for male back and chest needed. Pricing starts at $30.
For more information, click on the toggles below.
What is Sugaring?
Using a paste and unique technique to meet every persons hair removal needs.
What is the Sugar Paste made from?
Sugar, water, lemon juice! That’s it! All natural and pure ingredients.
What are the advantages to Sugaring vs waxing?
- Sugaring pastes are made from all natural ingredients with no animal testing or harmful side effects caused by allergic reactions. Wax has many chemical ingredients, mostly resins and preservatives.
- It is not hot. Sugaring Paste is applied at body temperature making it safe for all areas. It will never burn your skin. Hot wax must be heated to a very high temperature in order to become liquefied, which can cause burning and scarring.
- It is easy to clean! Sugar can be easily cleaned up with water. You will never feel sticky after treatments. Since wax contains resins, chemical solvents are needed to remove left over patches.
- It will not stick to your skin! Sugar cannot stick to live skin cells, because live skin cells are wet and sugar is water soluble. It will extract hair and exfoliate the dead skin cells helping to free ingrown hairs. Wax has been know to remove more than just the hair. It can adhere directly to the live cells which can remove more skin layers than needed causing more pain and irritation.
- It doesn’t break as many hairs! Sugar paste wraps around the hair shaft making it soft and pliable lubricating the hair and allowing for a more gentle and complete extraction. Sugar removes the hair in the direction of hair growth which also helps keep the hairs intact. Wax removes hair in the opposite direction of hair growth which can lead to 15-30% hair breakage behind because wax hardens on the hair and tends to break the hair off at the surface and not by the root.
- It is more sanitary! Sugar Paste is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. Bacteria cannot breed in sugar. Sanitation is also increased with our anti-microbial skin cleansers and tonics. Cross contamination can happen with waxing and the high temperature setting of the wax can lead to bacteria growth.
- It can extract very short hairs! With this sugar technique less than 1/8 inch growth is all you need! While waxing requires at least 1/4 inch growth.
- It can lead to permanency! After a number of treatments the hair follicle begins to deplete and the hair gwos in more refined each time. Because sugar can extract the shortest hairs, it is possible to extract the hairs in an early anagen (growing) phase which can lead to permanency! Treatments should be no longer than 4 weeks apart to see superior reduction in hair growth.
Dispelling sugar myths....
- Sugaring can cause ingrown hairs – NOT TRUE, lack of proper home care and exfoliation is the main cause of ingrown hairs. The more you sugar, the finer the hair grows back. This makes the hair thin and weak. It can be hard for the hair to grow and break through the surface of the skin if the skin is not properly exfoliated. Any hair removal service is a partnership between the professional and the client. Our job is to properly preform the sugaring technique and educate the client in world of sugaring, while the clients job is to make sure to take all advice to heart and follow proper at home skin care.
- Sugaring can lead to sugar getting into your bloodstream – NOT TRUE. Unless you eat it of course. Sugaring is even safe for diabetic persons, while waxing is not.
- Shaving makes the hair grow back faster and thicker – NOPE. Shaven hair appears thicker than the point of the unshaven hair.Not only is it shaven, which blunts the hair, it is shaven on an angle of the hair, which makes it appear even thicker.
- Sugaring causes more blood to flow therefore stimulating more hair growth – NO WAY!
- Sugaring does not work – ABSOLUTELY FALSE! Our Sugarists have been trained by the qualified educators of and use all products from Alexandria Professionals. If you have heard this statement from someone who has had a bad experience with sugaring, it was most likely the fault of poor technique and product used by the esthetician.
- We recommend waiting 24 hours before exposing your skin to the sun or infrared lamps.
- Avoid perfume soaps or product with chemical irritants and make up for 12 hours following a facial treatment.
- Do not apply any of your own creams or lotions for 24 hours. Alexandria Professional® products excluded, they are created specifically for this.
- Following a Bikini or Brazilian treatment, we do not recommend engaging in sexual activities for 24 hours.
- We recommend soaking in a 1/2 cup of Saltspring Dead Sea Salt from Alexandria Professional® for 20 mins the day of your treatment. This will clean out the follicle and detoxify and hydrate the skin.
- For best results, do not exfoliate the day before, the day of or the day after treatment.
- It is best not to tan or exercise prior to treatment.
- No creams or lotions applied 24 hours prior to treatment
- We suggest you do not schedule treatments if you are taking antibiotics, if you thing you may have a virus, fever or to coincide with your menstrual cycle, as you may be extra sensitive.
- No not use razors or depilatory creams between treatments, this will interfere with your goal to refine and diminish your hair growth and to have smooth healthy skin. Soak in a salt bath for 20 mins then exfoliate using a massage glove (not a loofah)
- Remember extracting hair at 1/8 or less on a regular basis can lead to permanency.